The Department of Drama offers a 33 credit-hour undergraduate major leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree within the College of Arts & Sciences
By the end of their study, a Drama major should be able to:
- Connect theory and research to creative processes
- Collaborate and work across a diverse range of artistic/scholarly methods
- Write, speak, and think critically about design and performance
- Synthesize theory and research into creative practice
- Express value and transformative potential of performing arts within society
To declare a major in Drama please contact our undergraduate advisor, Professor Doug Grissom.
Prerequisite: Completion of a DRAM or DANC course at the 2000 level or above, with a minimum grade of C.
33 credits total: 9 Discovery hours, 12 Learning Areas hours, and 12 Focused Inquiry hours
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at http://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php.