The Department of Drama offers a 33 credit-hour undergraduate major leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree within the College of Arts & Sciences, an 18 credit-hour minor in Drama, and a 20 credit-hour minor in Dance.
Even before becoming a major, however, a student may be an active participant in all the production activities of the Department and may enroll in any of several classes.
By the end of their study, a Drama major should be able to:
- Connect theory and research to creative processes
- Collaborate and work across a diverse range of artistic/scholarly methods
- Write, speak, and think critically about design and performance
- Synthesize theory and research into creative practice
- Express value and transformative potential of performing arts within society
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at http://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php.